Local Government Ombudsman
You are here: Home : : Young People

What we can do for you

Make a complaint online

0300 061 0614

Related Content

Useful links


Site tools

Young People

Local Government or ‘councils’ (London boroughs, county councils, city councils, and district councils) provide lots of different services to everyone, including children and young people, who live in their areas.

The LGO: What we do

Sometimes people are unhappy with the services they receive or things go wrong. When councils can’t resolve a complaint people contact the LGO who looks at both sides of the argument and reaches a fair decision.

When things go wrong... 

If you are unhappy about a service you are receiving from a local council or feel you have been wrongly refused help and support ask how to make a complaint, and what help is available to you in getting your grievance heard. If you want advice and information from the LGO see the How to contact us section.

Date Updated: 30/07/14