Manual for councils
We've put together a manual for Link Officers. It covers:
- what we do
- how we work (our structure and our processes)
- getting advice from us
- what we can investigate
- specific types of complaints including school admission appeals, housing complaints, health complaints and employment complaints
- working with other organisations
- our statistics (annual letters)
- managing unreasonable complainant behaviour, and
- training for councils, authorities and care providers.
We hope Link Officers find this a useful and informative resource. We will update the manual periodically and when we have made substantive changes we'll let you know via LGO Link. If you have any feedback or suggestions for extra content please let our External Training and Relationship Coordinator know.